HUGS Is a non-profit hospital organization founded in 1998 that was formed to support and promote our local healthcare facility. The members are a volunteer-based auxiliary focusing on patient well-being at Garfield County Hospital and Swing Bed Care Center.
HUGS is funded by your donations to purchase equipment, help with entertainment events for the patients and provide a home-like environment for residents. In the past 5 years, HUGS has given over $23,000 in donations:
• 70"TV for the Dayroom
• New Chairs for the Clinic, Dayroom, Lab Waiting Room, and Activities Department
• Window Curtains for Resident's Rooms
• Head Support for the Beauty Shop
• Mother's Day Tea Floral Centerpieces
• Entertainment for the Residents by Jerry Breeden, Ventriloquist
• Santa Suit for the Annual Christmas Party
• Blanket Warmer for the Emergency Department
• Floor Burnisher for Environmental Services
• Annual $500 Scholarship for an Individual Entering the Medical Field
HUGS donations in the past have largely come from memorials sent by family members honoring the memory of their loved ones. This has declined greatly over the years along with the membership. Please consider giving a donation or volunteering your time in this caring organization.
Donations can be given to HUGS at:
Garfield County Hospital District in c/o HUGS
66 North Sixth Street
Pomeroy, WA 99347
HUGS would like to invite anyone that is interested in volunteering to join their monthly meetings on the 3rd Thursday of every month at 11:30 a.m. at the Pataha Flour Mill. New members are always welcome. By volunteering your time, you can make a difference in the lives of our patients.
Garfield County Public Hospital
66 N. Sixth Street
Pomeroy, WA 99347